Male to Female Top Surgery
Male to female top surgery is a breast augmentation surgical procedure that helps to enhance the appearance of the breasts and the overall feminine characteristics in the chest region. Dr. Mark Mofid is a board-certified plastic surgeon who is dedicated to ensuring all of our patients are fully satisfied from the results of their male to female top surgery.
Male to Female Top Surgery Options
Usually, general anesthesia is used for performing male to female top surgery. The surgery involves inserting breast implants that reshape your chest, and volume and projection, and build feminine characteristics.
There are so many options for personalizing your MtF top surgery. Our team can go over all the options available to you so you can make an informed decision. The factors influencing top surgery include the desired enlargement, implant type, breast anatomy, and much more.
There are two types of implants in MtF top surgery – Saline & Silicone implants. Here are some features of the two implant types:
- Made up of saltwater solution
- The size of the implant can easily be adjusted during surgery
- Doctors can make smaller incisions
- Ruptures, if any, are comparatively easier to detect
- Made up of cohesive gel that helps maintain the shape of implants
- Offers a more natural look compared to others
- Simulates natural breast tissue feel, better than others
- Usually, don’t show any signs of wrinkles or ripples
- Need larger incisions
- Ruptures, if any, are hard to detect
There are three incision options for MtF top surgery-they are:
- Inframammary – incisions that are made along the breast fold (under breasts)
- Periareolar– incisions made around the areola
- Transaxillary – incisions made in the armpit
Usually, the inframammary incision made along the breast fold is the best fit. However, while choosing the incision locations, one of the top priorities is to find a location that can be easily concealed so that results look as natural as possible.
Implants can be placed in two positions after the incisions are made – 1. Behind the breast tissue, 2. Under the chest muscle.
Fat grafting helps to add more volume & create the optimal breast shape during the MtF top surgery procedure. Fat is Harvested from an area of the body with an abundance of fat and then precisely injected into the breasts.
Schedule a Consultation
If you are interested in male to female top surgery and are looking for a skilled and experienced surgeon to perform your procedure, contact our office today to schedule a consultation with Dr. Mofid. He can go over the details of the procedure with you to help prepare you for the process and provide you with excellent care and results.